CAMPAIGN HOC 2020/2021
Home Ownership Campaign(HOC), an initiatives by government was first introduced in 2019 to stimulate housing sector and help buyer homeownership. This move has encouraged the sale of unsold houses in the Malaysian real estate market.This campaign offers stamp duty exemption on the Instrument of Transfer and Instrument on Loan Agreement.
It was first announced in January 2019 by Housing and local government minister Zuraida Kamaruddin and due to pandemic hit, it has been re-introduced again under Short-Term Economic Recovery Plan (PENJANA) by our Prime Minister to strengthen nation’s economy where the campaign will extended from June 2020 to December 2021. This campaign is open to all Malaysian individuals and not limited to first time home buyers, however the property must be for residential purpose only.
This campaign is a collaboration with developers to find potential buyers and match them with qualified properties to fill overhang residential homes in Malaysia. You can find the list of projects and developers that collaborated with this campaign here
Eligibility for Exemption
- The exemption is only valid for residential property such as condominium units, houses, apartments, flats and including serviced apartments which are used for dwelling with valid Developer’s Licence (DL) and Advertisement and Sale Permit (AP) or verified by the ministry of housing (KPKT)
- The serviced residence and SOHO must be use for residential purpose only and cannot be converted to commercial purpose
- The property price must be around RM300,000 — RM2.5million before discount
- The sales of the property unit must be from Developer to a Purchaser whom are all Malaysian citizens
- The stamp duty exemptions are applicable for the purchase of residential unit/s for Sale & Purchase Agreement executed between 1 June 2020 to 31 December 2021.
- A minimum of 10% discount (from property price) applicable to all units that are not subjected to government price control;
- Eligible properties in Peninsular Malaysia must be registered with REHDA Malaysia. Eligible properties in Sabah and Sarawak must be registered with SHAREDA (shareda.com) and/or SHEDA (www.sheda.org.my) respectively;
Benefits of HOC
- Full Stamp Duty Exemption for property value up to RM1 million
Home buyers could enjoy 100% full stamp duty exemption for any residential purchase in Malaysia with value up to RM 1million. While for property with value of RM1 million to RM 2.5 Million get partial exemption where you need to pay 3% stamp duty on the instrument of transfer.
10% discount on House Purchase
Not only stamp duty exemption, but house ownership campaign (HOC) offers minimum of 10% discount reduction for purchasing price of the property which are listed under the scheme.
Exemptions of Instrument on securing loans
Home buyer who enjoyed the scheme will also get the privilege of stamp duty exemption on securing loan and not limited to all property under the same scheme.
You can check out properties and developers which collaborated with Real Estate & Housing Developer Association (REHDA) on this scheme on their official website. As the campaign will be ended by December this year, it is a great reason why it is a good time for Malaysian to purchase a property despite our nation being hit pandemic which in return it would help to recover our nation economy as well. The campaign have been extended under PENJANA recovery plan where it suppose to be ended on July 2020. This campaign will help to fill vacant home in Malaysia and match with suitable buyer.
www.nadjojoproperty.com, a real estate search website which is comprehensive, detailed and featuring search filters beyond pricing and home amenities. Our platform is designing as the latest trends and the best for Buyers and Sellers in Kuala Lumpur
In www.nadjojoproperty.com, we provide property listing and searching services for FREE.